Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Crime and punishment....

I saw Nemo coming in. I hadn't seen him for last two weeks as I had go rush to Sula Islands for some official work. Nemo was looking a bit fresh today for a change, and I was eager to know the reason.

"How are you....king of Philippines!!!"

"Just great...you're laughing you crybaby??"

It was a welcome grin as I could see read from his face. No symptoms of what happened last time.

"Come-in. I'll have some halo-halo for you"

I was observing his face while he was finishing of that beautiful dessert. May be, I thought, he had forgot her thoughts.

"No, I haven't", he was stubborn, "It was not provocative as I later realized"

"Dude, you look alright today. As I compare your face today with what it was a fortnight before, it is hard to believe in what your stating right now"

"May be I was overreacting on that instance. When you started liking someone, you start thinking too much about that person. It is pretty natural"

Nemo was standing behind my writing desk. Perhaps he felt a bit uneasy so he help a chair for support.

"What is her name by the way?"

"Stangeana. She's from Bonin Trench as I told you earlier"

"Doesn't seem to be a Japanese name. Isn't she a Japanese?"

"How would I know Japanese? She's perhaps of Italian origin, not a Japanese one"

"Hmm...So you are from Mariana and She's from Bonin....quite a distance"

"I really like her. She is quite considerate and sensible. She will understand my feelings"

"It is more about what you both feel together, my friend. When you think of a girl, something that matters is her emotional level. If it matches with yours, it will be a great match."

"And what about rest? She won't certainly entertain my looks. For her, may be I am just a pathetic guy enjoying his miserable life"

Nemo regularly contradicts his own speech. He sometimes does that a lot.

"If she's considerate enough, she'll definitely not be considering you, that's for sure. I know you are not a sad buddy. I have seen you many a times cracking jokes and making fun of your friends. You are always a center of attraction in parties. Besides, you are a very good choral singer. You were never pathetic as long as I know you"

"I am still a happy person. But whenever I see her, I get into a dilemma."

"What dilemma?"

"I cannot express my feelings in front of her. I feel like doing so many a times, but can't do that.
So I get upset every now and then. I wish I could control my thought process some day and stop thinking about her momentarily"

"When did you last meet her??"

"Last week we went to Kamchatka. It was a nice trip."

"Nemo, you need to express your feelings in front of her. There is no alternative."

"But how? What if she breaks the friendship?"

I got it completely. It was out of insecurity. Nemo was going paranoid about her.

May be I have a solution now. Eureka!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment